Module production

Bookmark and Share
I began working on my mini module production. While I believe this is a wicked smart idea, until you actually produce one and get outside opinions, it's tough to know for sure. So I mocked one up and then passed it around both gamers, and non-gamers.

Well I am happy to say the cool factor is definitely there. It's mini format was rated cute and cool! The projected price point of $5 each was also a hit. Some folks felt the text in the book was a bit difficult to read due to its compact size, but they liked the overall idea.

The rules continue to change a bit. To further speed entry into the game, players at 1st level choose to be one of 3 classes:Warrior, Mystic, or Rogue. Each Class Family then has 7 specialized (or sub) classes in it. At second level you choose one of these specialties to pursue.

This has made a world of difference in speeding up entry into the game for rookies by getting them playing quickly. Secondly, after reaching second level, it gives the player a bonus experience of choosing a specialty, and that instantly has them wanting to dive back into playing as their new class. That hook is an interesting experience and has me thinking about expanding upon it.

One of my favorite games is an old PS1 game called Vandall Hearts. The first one is a classic, the second? not so much. Anyway, as you progress through the game at certain levels your character can choose to go down one class path or another and I always enjoyed it. It made my character's feel unique because I built them as the game progressed. I think it's why I like skill systems so much in pen & paper RPG's.

Having abandoned skills in Roguish, this class specialization path may fit the bill. I will have to play with it a bit and see.

...@...

{ 0 komentar... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment